Monday, June 13, 2011

At some point, we all walk away from something

All these times people have been asking me.

I have been asking myself.

Why did I leave?

The journey was great. The destination was not.

I did not want to see the ending of this tragic love story.



Happiness is terse.

Suffering is interminable.

Dear S.C.,

09/10/2010

I have spent the last two months of summer enjoying every piece and bit of you. Although we never lived together, many of my summer nights and most of my waking summer moments were shared with you. Lots of people have been mesmerized by your laid back and peaceful lifestyle. You were quite the charmer and we all, for a second or more, got caught in that whirlpool wonderland.

Alas, summer is now over and people are moving on with their lives going back to school and cutting back on their sun hours. Our summer romance has ended and the realities of life have kicked in. Though I do not mind spending a peaceful beach life with you forever, I know that it is not what my heart desires, atleast not at this point in life.

I am too young to settle down and long to see the world. If I am to appreciate the quietness later on in life, I must journey out to the land of skyscrapers. And one day, when I grow tire of the fast pace life, maybe I will come back. If it's meant to be we will be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment