Wednesday, September 14, 2011

(Almost)

I had been in the building reading for over five hours.
My neck was sore, my stomach was empty, it was late, and I was beginning to get a little bit cold. So I carefully got up and quickly packed my things.
A few seconds later I was half a flight of stairs away from the entrance.
I raced out to catch the last few minutes of twilight.

Just as I was about to take a deep breath and enjoy the damp air I saw a figure racing towards the entrance.
It was a person I haven't seen in over six years.

He was a guy I had a thing with during my last year of High School.

I was madly head over heels for a while but it never went anywhere near hanging out and holding hands. He was the first person that I really believed was perfect for me.

So I ran after him without thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment